AMS is Hiring!
- Must currently hold an A/P license.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
- Prior experience on EMB145, CRJ700, MD80, 737 and Airbus is a plus but not required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- You will be expected to have your own tools although specialized tooling and equipment will be provided.
- You must be able to work any day and any shift.
- Most importantly, you must have a great “can do” attitude!
GSE Vehicle Mechanic
|Location:||Nashville International Airport|
|Category:||Administrative / Clerical|
|Position type:||Full Time|
This position provides assistance to our Ground Service Equipment (GSE) maintenance department. This position is responsible for entering maintenance worksheets into a database as well as keeping track of parts usage in MS Excel, tracking inventory, and placing parts orders. Also performing general clerical duties such as answering and directing incoming calls, filing, scanning, and copying. Additionally, a clean driving record is required to be able to acquire parts from local sources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately input Worksheets into system.
- Research and place parts orders.
- Monitor inventory and accurately enter part’s costs and usage into Excel spreadsheet.
- Answer telephone inquiries from internal or external customers (dealers, vendors) utilizing established telephone techniques. Respond to customer questions and complaints. Resolve problems and refer unusual or more difficult problems to GSE Manager.
- Maintain filing, data entry input, and any other assigned duties. Maintain a neat and clean work area. Maintain a professional appearance, adhering to company guidelines regarding dress code.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Computer savvy with ability to research and resolve issues.
- General knowledge with MS Office Suite, primarily Excel and Word.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE along with a clean driving record
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance is a plus
- Professional phone manner/techniques
- Strong Computer skills is required with Data Entry accuracy
- Effective communication skills, including verbal, written and listening skills. Ability to interact with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong organization skills are required
- Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills and capable of determining priorities in a fast paced work environment
Compensation & Benefits:
We provide a full-time schedule, hourly base pay. Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits that include Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance; AFLAC Supplemental Insurance, Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Basic and Voluntary Life and AD&D, PTO (paid time off), and 401K Savings Plan.
Employee Perks also include quarterly company outings and rewards as well as a yearly Christmas party.
If you’re motivated and dependable with a proven track record of success in a customer care environment, then we can put your career on the map.
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with another department within the company. Candidates must meet all basic qualifications and submit a complete application or resume to be considered for this position. Drug screening and background check are part of our hiring process and are required to access secure areas of the airport. This posting serves as an advertisement of an existing open position only and does not qualify as the job description.
Submit Your Resume: